- Personal Injury
- General Business Litigation
- Estate Probate and Administration
- Estate Planning
- Estate Litigation
Robert M. Stahl, IV is the managing member of the Law Offices of Robert M. Stahl, LLC. He is both an attorney and a certified public accountant. He concentrates his practice on general business litigation, ranging from commercial disputes to bankruptcy. Also, his practice focuses on federal and state tax controversy, tax compliance, estate probate and administration, estate planning and estate litigation. He routinely provides representation on business formation and equity transactions, the negotiation and drafting of joint ventures, and the structuring and implementation of mergers and acquisitions. He counsels businessmen of all sizes in a variety of financial, transactional, employment and tax related matters. Mr. Stahl combines strategic thinking, attention to detail and drafting, and broad commercial experience to represent entrepreneurs, businesses and business owners knowledgeably, effectively, and successfully.
Mr. Stahl has more than 30 years of tax practice experience and provides counsel on a wide range of federal and state tax planning and compliance matters for individuals, tax-exempt organizations and business entities, including corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and trusts. Mr. Stahl also has extensive experience in business related matters, such as acquisitions, asset purchases, choice of entity formation and corporate governance. He has experience in trials, arbitrations, mediations and administrative hearings in both federal and state court.
Mr. Stahl received his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Baltimore School of Law and his Bachelor of Science in Accounting from The University of Baltimore in 1983 (magna cum laude). He had previously worked for the international accounting firm of Deloitte & Touche from 1983 to 1984, where he practiced in the audit department.
Mr. Stahl is admitted to practice law in Maryland and before the United States District Court of Maryland, the United States Bankruptcy Court and the United States Tax Court. He serves on the board of directors of both private and publicly held companies and has acted as a significant resource to those companies in that capacity. Mr. Stahl was elected to the board of directors of the Slavie Federal Savings Bank in 2002 where he serves as the chairman of the Audit Committee and the chairman of the Trouble Loan Workout Committee. In addition, he routinely attends various banking and financial institution seminars, including the annual Rowles & Company Independent Community Bank Conference, the annual Directors Institute Conference sponsored by the Pennsylvania Banker’s Association, the annual Parente Beard Financial Institutions Seminar, and various other FDIC sponsored conferences. Mr. Stahl is a member of numerous professional associations including the Maryland State Bar Association, the Maryland Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants, the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- University of Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland
- B.S. - 1983
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Accounting
- Maryland, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- Chairman, Audit Committee, Slavie Federal Savings Bank, 2002 to 2002
- Chairman, Trouble Loan Workout Committee, Slavie Federal Savings Bank, 2002 to 2002
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants, Member
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Seminar, Rowles & Company Independent Community Bank Conference, Pennsylvania Banker's Association
- Seminar, Directors Institute Conference, Pennsylvania Banker's Association
- Parente Beard Financial Institutions Seminar
- Deloitte & Touche, Auditor, 1983 to 1984